Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Existing Calendar Event Not Visible

Creating an event on an original iPad w/iOS 5 or iPhone 4 w/iOS 6 and syncing via iTunes 11.0.4 will create the event on the Mac Calendar, but it isn't visible. I know it's there because I only sync via USB and it shows up on the opposite iDevice after syncing one and then the other.

All was working on the new iMac since I installed it about 30 days ago, first noticed it with an event I created on the iPad last Monday when I went to schedule someone else and noticed it wasn't on my Mac, but was on both the iPad and iPhone.

Suggestions? Have AppleCare, will call at my first opportunity.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), Lots of Sound!

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 3:32 PM

2 replies

Aug 22, 2013 8:52 PM in response to Kenneth Hughes

Another tidbit - Created an event on the Mac, synced it to iPad and iPhone. Added notes on iPad, synced, doesn't show in Mac Calendar; sync iPhone, event shows notes on iPhone.

Having a reliable syncing calendar is crucial as I need to be able to make appointments on my iDevices, more important than saving the existing calendars. If I find that I need to wipe all existing Calendar data and start over, any Apple Support URLs or steps greatly appreciated.

Aug 23, 2013 1:37 PM in response to Kenneth Hughes

In case this helps anyone else with a similar Calendar syncing issue: My problem was solved by deleting the Calendar Cache file. Lives in Users:~:Library:Calendars. I dragged it to the desktop, zipped it, deleted the original, kept the .zip for restore options.

Took 2 hours and 4 AppleCare Techs to reach this conclusion, grateful. #thanksapple

Existing Calendar Event Not Visible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.