Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 4g memory bug, ghost "other" data (self duplicating? an installed cydia package that needs to be uninstalled?)

iPod Touch 4g memory bug. iPod has massive amounts of ”other” data I tried restoring multiple times and even doing DFU, but when i put song on my iPod it seemingly duplicates them because the more data i put on, the more "other". Also if I don’t download anything there will just by itself become more and more “other” data

the iPod was a replacement

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 1:56 PM

7 replies

Aug 22, 2013 2:01 PM in response to blobmasterer

Jailbreaking (required to install Cydia) can cause problems like that

Jailbreaking voids the Apple warranty and also means that you will not get any support from Apple, including from this Apple forum. Jailbreaking can't be discussed in this Apple forum.

Unauthorized modification of iOS has been a major source of instability, disruption of services, and other issues

iPod Touch 4g memory bug, ghost "other" data (self duplicating? an installed cydia package that needs to be uninstalled?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.