Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime only half duplex

New iPhone 5 (unlocked GSM version). When I FaceTime with my wife (her iPhone is the same) I'm only getting a half duple audio connection. That is, I can't speak at that same time as she is. When I do say something, her audio will cut out while i'm speacking and for a couple of seconds after I stop. Her end of the connection is fine. This make FaceTime unusable for me. I'm thinking I need to take this thing back. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Some info:

My iPhone Part No - MD293LL/A, Model A1428

My wife's iPhone Part No - ME486LL/A, Model A1428

Both connections over good quality Wi-Fi

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4, Model MD293LL/A

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 3:34 PM

3 replies

Jul 25, 2015 12:11 PM in response to sundeer

To anyone having full-duplex problems on their iPhone/iPad, before trying to change a bunch of settings or rebooting your phone, try removing your iPhone cases at each end of the call and check if that resolves the problem. It worked like a charm for me, the flip-up leather case my GF was using was blocking part of the microphone and thus creating the problem. Hope it works for you too.

FaceTime only half duplex

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.