Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

export to ProRes

I purchased Quicktime 7 pro especially because I was told (and had seen) that it can export to prores formats. But after installing and registering the pro version and looking for every possible rreason that mine doesn't, I am very frustrated. I have a very limited list of what files can be exported to.

Can anyone tell me why this is?

Many thanks,

Russ4

Quicktime Pro 7-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 6:21 PM

Keying QT 7 for "Pro" use turns on the editing/conversion features built into the QT structure embedded in Mac OS X. It does not, however, add any new codecs to your system's codec component configuration. "Pro" codecs are normally installed when "Pro" apps like FCP X, Motion 5, or Compressor 4 are installed or by the ProApps QuickTime Codecs v1.0.2 download. (Not sure if this download will install for QT 7 Pro alone without one of the mentioned apps.)

As to the fact that your codec component configuration is limited, be advised that under Lion and Mountain Lion operating systems, legacy codecs are, by default, turned off and that Apple cannot legally supply third-party copyright codec components which you, as the end user, must purchase on your own nor is Apple required to provide or support open source third-party codecs which may be available as free downloads.

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2013 6:21 PM in response to Russ4

Keying QT 7 for "Pro" use turns on the editing/conversion features built into the QT structure embedded in Mac OS X. It does not, however, add any new codecs to your system's codec component configuration. "Pro" codecs are normally installed when "Pro" apps like FCP X, Motion 5, or Compressor 4 are installed or by the ProApps QuickTime Codecs v1.0.2 download. (Not sure if this download will install for QT 7 Pro alone without one of the mentioned apps.)

As to the fact that your codec component configuration is limited, be advised that under Lion and Mountain Lion operating systems, legacy codecs are, by default, turned off and that Apple cannot legally supply third-party copyright codec components which you, as the end user, must purchase on your own nor is Apple required to provide or support open source third-party codecs which may be available as free downloads.

User uploaded file

Aug 23, 2013 3:40 AM in response to Russ4

Jon Walker.

I downloaded the free 30 day trial of FCP X. This alone did not work, but it did allow me to install the ProApps QuickTime Codecs v1.0.2 download which hadn't loaded before without installing the FCP X free trial.

I now have export options for all ProRes codecs and many more.

Thank you.

export to ProRes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.