Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV remote is activating the "wrong" computer's iTunes account

We've been having an entertaining time this evening playing with our Apple TV.

The AppleTV has both of our iTunes accounts but my wife's account is the one we normally use for the Apple TV.

My MacBookPro has my iTunes account but HER iTunes (and vice versa with her MacBookPro, hers has hers but not mine).

So here comes the fun. My computer plays "The Unicorn Song" from Despicable Me (do not judge), which is indeed on my iTunes account, when we use the AppleTV remote when the AppleTV is using HER iTunes. Otherwise the AppleTV and remote play nice together.

I think it's funny, My 5-year-old thinks it's the bomb and probably will until it starts playing Cowboy Mouth. My wife is a little worried about the poltergiests who make our ceiling fan come on with no reason. We are in agreement that we are stumped as to why it's happening.

Ideas... (Much obliged.)

Until then.... Unicorns, I love them. Unicorns, I love them. Unicorns, I love them. Unicorns, I love them. Unicorns, I love them....

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 8:41 PM

1 reply

Apple TV remote is activating the "wrong" computer's iTunes account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.