Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs do not shuffle, then skip

My songs do not shuffle. After a song plays, it repeats itself over-and-over.

Then when I click the right arrow to skip to the next song, the songs play for two or three seconds then skips to another song, then another song.

Posted on Aug 23, 2013 6:45 AM

7 replies

Aug 23, 2013 6:50 AM in response to David L Gerber

Probably during the sync process your songs weren't well synced. Do the following:

Open your device in iTunes, click on the Music pane, uncheck the option to "sync musics" and then click "Apply". This will remove your entire library of musics from your device.

Then after removed all songs from the device, check the option to sync musics again and sync some songs, make a test and verify if the issue persists.

Aug 24, 2013 9:54 AM in response to MyNameIsThanos

Please be more specific.

If I click the Music pane under Devices (iPhone), it only lists all my songs, then the Sync button.

Did you mean to click the Summary tab after selecting my iPhone in iTunes?

It has several options, including Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected, Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi, and Sync only checked songs and videos.

I presently have all three checked.

Do I uncheck these, then click "Apply"?

Will this remove all songs from my iPhone?

Then I should re-check these options again and click "Apply"?

Aug 24, 2013 10:04 AM in response to David L Gerber

Here's what you need to do:

When your device appears on iTunes on the "device", click on it:

User uploaded file

You will be redirected to the Summary pane, as it shows above.

Select the Musics pane. On the musics pane uncheck the box that says "Sync musics" and click apply. This will erase all the musics from your device.

After erased all the songs. Then check the box that says "Sync musics", and select the songs you want to sync. After that check if the songs will play fine.

Songs do not shuffle, then skip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.