Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i transfer music from a flash drive to my iphone

my son wants to take music from a flash drive and put it in his iphone. We cannot seem to figure out how to do it. Tried using Itunes but all it wants to do is SYNC, is there a way to do it without syncing?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 23, 2013 6:43 AM

11 replies

Aug 23, 2013 6:57 AM in response to 1badaxe

Create a new user account on computer, import the music to iTunes and sync.

he claims that he'll loose the music already on his phone if he syncs

That's true if he never sync with the computer before.

Where did he got the music from? He can use the same flash drive to copy the music from the other computer.

Aug 23, 2013 7:31 AM in response to 1badaxe

1badaxe wrote:

the problem I have is ....it's MY itunes account and we dont want to mix up our music. also, he claims that he'll loose the music already on his phone if he syncs

You are making this way too complicated.

The iPhone can be synced to one and only one iTunes Library at any one time.

You can have an unlimited number of iTunes Libraries.

Choose one.

Consolidate all your desired music in that iTunes Library, and then sync the iPhone.

Aug 23, 2013 8:27 AM in response to 1badaxe

A few weeks ago I was shown a third party solution. It's a hardware adapter that is supported by an app in the App Store. Unfortunately, we are now at the mercy of my memory and ability to Google. From what I can recall it was called "i (hyphen) something." So far, I've tried to Google i-drive, i-disk and few variations. Google keeps removing the hyphen and returning unrelated junk.

I've tried the App Store with similar results. I'll keep working on it and get back to you.

how do i transfer music from a flash drive to my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.