Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my computer doesn't recognize my iphone as a device

My iPhone 4S is full and I don't want to buy more storage. I am trying to move the photos on my iPhone to my PC (Windows 7) but when I use my USB cable to connect the two devices, my computer doesn't recognize the iPhone as a device under "Hardware and Sound." It does, however, realize that it's connected to iPhone when I dig around in the Control Panel tab. iTunes thinks I need to reconfigure my phone (sorry, not an option, iTunes!). Help!?!

iPhone 4S

Posted on Aug 23, 2013 8:31 AM

7 replies

Jul 5, 2014 3:12 PM in response to jomah

Have you tried connecting to other USB port?

Once connected, an "autoplay" windows dialog box will appear asking "XXXX iPhone" import pictures and video, open device to view files, etc.

You can select either or to copy photos manually you can go to my computer and under portable device will show your iphone and go into to see all your photos and videos.

Nov 7, 2015 5:40 AM in response to jomah

i have a problem like this i charge my iphone using my computer and all of a sudden it stopped recognizing it and i have tried all my ports once i pug it in it give me the error USB Device Not Recognize One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem click this message.

and the recommendation is: Try reconnecting the device. if Windows still does not recongnize it. replace the device.

can someone help i do not want to "replace" my iphone.

my computer doesn't recognize my iphone as a device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.