Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restore factory default settings for environment variables in Mountain Lion?

I would like to restore to the factory default settings so that I can customize the $PATH variable to use Sublime Text as a shell application.

Thank you.

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Aug 23, 2013 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2013 9:53 AM

I'm not familiar with this application but interpreting these instructions- http://www.sublimetext.com/docs/2/osx_command_line.html , the path of least resistance would be the following:

First make sure the directory /usr/local/bin exists:

sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/bin

Create a symlink from the command line tool subl in the application to /usr/local/bin:

sudo ln -s "/Applications/Sublime Text 2.app/Contents/SharedSupport/bin/subl" /usr/local/bin/subl

If your compelled to set Sublime Text as your EDITOR then add the following to your .bash_profile. (I'm assuming bash is your login shell):

export EDITOR='subl -w'
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2013 9:53 AM in response to pdenlinger

I'm not familiar with this application but interpreting these instructions- http://www.sublimetext.com/docs/2/osx_command_line.html , the path of least resistance would be the following:

First make sure the directory /usr/local/bin exists:

sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/bin

Create a symlink from the command line tool subl in the application to /usr/local/bin:

sudo ln -s "/Applications/Sublime Text 2.app/Contents/SharedSupport/bin/subl" /usr/local/bin/subl

If your compelled to set Sublime Text as your EDITOR then add the following to your .bash_profile. (I'm assuming bash is your login shell):

export EDITOR='subl -w'

How do I restore factory default settings for environment variables in Mountain Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.