Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why "IS" my iPad syncing bookmarks?

iPad mini died after only five months.

Eventually, Apple sent me a replacement.

Now, using safari, tried to save a page I was reading.

Still very clumsy with iPad and never sure which symbols do what.

Pressed, or pressed and held, the book icon,

Got a long list of bookmarks, or reading list items.

Trying to get rid of long list of "reading list?" Bookmarks.

Searching for why they are there and how to delete them....

Got as far as reading need to swipe each to see a delete option.

Started doing that but I get message saying its busy synching bookmarks.

Why?

I have tried searching for an answer but all I keep getting are troubleshooting tips for dealing with problems if its not syncing.

I don't know why it is in the first place, then how to make it stop.

While I'm at it, just tried to underline the words "are" and "is" but selecting only gives me options to cut, copy, paste, suggest or define?

Help please.

**just about to post but Choose a Community stumps me because the only options are all iCloud.

I began this searching for iPad issue.

I'm going to take a best guess.

iPad, iOS 6.1.2, it's an iPad mini

Posted on Aug 23, 2013 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2013 4:09 PM

If you don't want to sync bookmarks with iCloud, go to Settings>iCloud and turn Safari to Off.

You create a bookmark on the reading list by tapping the actions button (arrow inside a square) at the bottom of Safari, then tapping Add to Reading List.

Not all apps support underlining. You can do this in mail. Tap a word in an email you are creating, choose Select, then tap the right arrow (to the right of Suggest), tap BIU, then tap Underline.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2013 4:09 PM in response to GeorgeInTheMountains

If you don't want to sync bookmarks with iCloud, go to Settings>iCloud and turn Safari to Off.

You create a bookmark on the reading list by tapping the actions button (arrow inside a square) at the bottom of Safari, then tapping Add to Reading List.

Not all apps support underlining. You can do this in mail. Tap a word in an email you are creating, choose Select, then tap the right arrow (to the right of Suggest), tap BIU, then tap Underline.

Aug 25, 2013 2:16 PM in response to randers4

Thank you for taking the time to read and explain.

I did eventually get to the turning Safari off --- though I read elsewhere to then turn it back on.

Aside from that, your help on the underlining issue was very useful.

This, along with the many other simple text formatting features I've been used to with even the basic TextEdit app on my various Macs, has and still is causing me so much wasted time. What used to be productivity has turned into relentless problem solving.

*not to take to much more advantage of your good will but...know of a comparable App for iPad like TextEdit? I can't find a way to "sync" or utilize Files I've created in TextEdit, on this iPad.

I've been trying out many but it's overwhelming in the range of choices.

In any case, thanks

Why "IS" my iPad syncing bookmarks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.