You'll really want more RAM if using those, & if you want 10.7/Lion, you have to call Apple for it, only 10.8 is availble normally after you install 10.6.8
Snow Leopard/10.6.x Requirements...
* Mac computer with an Intel processor
* 1GB of memory (I say 4GB at least, more if you can afford it)
* 5GB of available disk space (I say 30GB at least)
* DVD drive for installation
* Some features require a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.
* Some features require Apple’s MobileMe service; fees and terms apply.
Which apps work with Mac OS X 10.6?...
It's been pulled from the online store & Apple Stores, so you have to call Apple to buy it, last I heard.
Call Apple Sales...in the US: 1-800-MY-APPLE. Or Support... 1-800-275-2273
10.6 install it & update to 10.6.8 so you have the App Store to buy & download the huge 10.8 Installer
Thanks for your reply.
This particular job is just a few days work initially so I'm trying to minimise any expense as it'll not be cost effective; so, in essence as long as I upgrade the OS i should be able to run the relevant CS6 software? However for optimum performance though I should look in to upgrading the RAM. I just didn't want to go through the rigmarole of upgrading everything only to find out the machine wasn't capable of running CS6.
Well, here's Adobe's sys reqs...
- Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
- Mac OS X v10.7 or v10.8
- 1GB of RAM
- 3.2GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
- 1024x768 display (1280x800 recommended) with OpenGL 2.0, 16-bit color, and 512MB of VRAM (1GB recommended)*
- Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, membership validation, and access to online services.†
* 3D features are disabled with less than 512MB of VRAM. Read the Help article.
So you're going to be very short on the VRAM side...
Standard VRAM: 144 MB Maximum VRAM: 144 MB Details: Apple reports that "memory available to Mac OS X may vary depending on graphics needs. Minimum graphics memory usage is 144 MB (an additional 16 MB is required when using an external display). This results in 880 MB of system memory available" with the default 1 GB installed. Built-in Display: 13.3" Widescreen Native Resolution: 1280x800
Even if it would still run, it'd be like molasses in January just using the OS with i MB of RAM.