Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just bought the new iPhone, but it does not sync to my Macbook iTunes because it says I need at least a 10.6.8 software update. My computer is stuck on 10.5.8, however, and my laptop does not say that there are any software updates available.

I tried researching it online, and I think that my computer might be too old to get new software updated on it - I bought it either in 2007 or 2008. I just think that it seems unfair that I have to buy a whole new computer just to put my music and other things on my new iPhone. What should I do? I can't even buy the software update for Mountain Lion because it requires you to already have a 10.6 and I only have a 10.5.8. This is the most frustrating thing ever!

MacBook

Posted on Aug 23, 2013 6:07 PM

2 replies

I just bought the new iPhone, but it does not sync to my Macbook iTunes because it says I need at least a 10.6.8 software update. My computer is stuck on 10.5.8, however, and my laptop does not say that there are any software updates available.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.