Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to open a book

I down loaded one book and synced my ipad but it will not open on my ipad, but others I have bought before will open. HELP

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 23, 2013 7:33 PM

6 replies

Aug 24, 2013 12:14 AM in response to asdfghjkl22

If it has a blue line on it then it hasn't finished downloading. Your iPad is still online ? Try closing the iBooks app via the iPad's taskbar and see if the book completes downloading when you re-open the app : from the iPad's home screen (i.e. not with iBooks 'open' on-screen) double-click the home button to bring up the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, then press and hold any of the apps on the taskbar for a couple of seconds or so until they start shaking, then press the '-' in the top left of the iBooks app to close it, and touch any part of the screen above the taskbar so as to stop the shaking and close the taskbar. If you re-open iBooks does that book complete downloading ?

If it doesn't then you could try a soft-reset as well and see if it completes after the iPad has restarted : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

Not able to open a book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.