Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 won't charge after I changed cables

I went to my friends house and I lost my original charger but my friend gave me a differnet charger assuming it was mine. When I went home to charge my phone and it wont. I tried to charge it by the wall and the keyboard but it didn't work. I don't know what to do and I'm not looking forward to buying a new charger. HELP!!!😟

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 23, 2013 8:30 PM

1 reply

Aug 26, 2013 8:24 AM in response to catlover1223

Hi catlover1223,

These are the steps you should try if your iPhone isn't charging from the adapter, some of which you may have tried:

iPhone: Hardware troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2802

Battery does not charge from the USB power adapter

Important: Only original iPhone can be charged from a FireWire-based power source. If iPhone is connected to a computer that's turned off or is in sleep or standby mode, the battery may drain.

1. Verify that the outlet being used is working.
  2. Try another USB power adapter if available.
  3. If no other USB power adapter is available, try connecting to a high-power USB 2.0 port (not a keyboard). The computer must be turned on and not in sleep or standby mode.
  4. Try another USB cable if available.
  5. Also refer to iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery.

Cheers!

- Ari

My iPhone 5 won't charge after I changed cables

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.