Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio levels go wacky when I export to AIF file?

I am working on a 13 minute multitrack project in Soundtrack Pro. I went through and set all the levels, then I export it to an AIF file and put it back into my Final Cut Pro project. Once I export, there are three scenes in which the audio levels go completely wacky - some places are at a lower level than what I set and other places are at a higher level than I set. I then go back into STP and when I listen back at those scenes these new wacky levels show up in STP. I then close STP and reopen and lo and behold the levels I orginally set (that I was very happy with) are back in place like nothing ever happned.

Some notes on what it might have to do with: All three of these scenes were shot using 2 Lav mics. These were each set into it's own channel on the Handy recorder. In STP, each lav channel is in it's own track. The audio level settings that I like for these two channels are very different (one actor was much quieter than the other). It almost seems as if in the export STP wants to put Channel 2 at the same level I have Channel 1 - which I don't want.

I have been spinning my wheels for hours trying to fix this. Anybody out there have any ideas or solutions or workarounds?

Much obliged for any help!

Michelle

Soundtrack Pro

Posted on Aug 23, 2013 10:32 PM

There are no replies.

Audio levels go wacky when I export to AIF file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.