Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Comressord running in Activty Monitor

I've done a search in the forum and couldn't find an answer...
I'm on MBP and after quitting compressor, my Activity monitor shows in red "compressord (Not Responding)". I've tried to force quit from Activity Monitor but it pops back on.
Any suggestions how I can keep it off?
Thanks-

MBP 17 Mac OS X (10.4.5) 2 gig ram

Posted on Jun 17, 2006 8:25 PM

4 replies

Jun 17, 2006 10:28 PM in response to Alex Sanchez1

You probably have a job that never completed because of a crash or a forced quit. When a process is highlighted in red in the Activity Monitor it means that the process is either hung (truly and completely) or it may just be so busy that it isn't responding in the way that the system expects. compressord sometimes does the latter and I'd consider that somewhat "normal." How you can get the job(s) that are currently pending to complete or to be cancelled is another matter. If you manually launch Compressor's Batch Monitor do you see any pending jobs? How about it you submit a batch job with Compressor and then check Batch Monitor? If you can get these jobs to appear in Batch Monitor you should be able to cancel them, but give Batch Monitor a good amount of time to work on the cancel before you quit or restart your system. If the former doesn't work just let the system run for several hours unattended and see if the jobs clear by themselves.

Aug 17, 2006 10:39 AM in response to " t u m "

I just found out another thing. The reset Backround Processing method doesnt work. I still have the NOT RESPONDING message. But i found something useful. I just installed Shake 4.1 and apple says that Qmaster which is included with Shake is not compatible with Compresser
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303967
NOW, I hope this helps 🙂

Comressord running in Activty Monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.