Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems with epson printer since update

Ever since new update my Epson cx6000 printer won't work any ideas?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 24, 2013 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2013 7:00 AM

Is it giving you a "rastertoescpII" error? If so, review this:

The solution to your issue is in this thread:https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5233149

Specifically this post:

"astonishingly as it may seem, epson support sent me this 6 hours after i contacted them-

Subject
when attempting to print the epson print program shows "stopped - 'filter' faile
Discussion Thread
Response (Rodolfo M)08/16/2013 03:21 PM

Dear Robert,

Thank you for contacting Epson.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with your Epson Artisan 710 because of rastertoescpII error. To resolve this issue, please try the following steps below:

1. Power off the printer.
  2. From the , select System Preferences.
  3. Choose Sharing.
  4. Check if "Computer Name" field is empty or not.
  5. If the "Computer Name" is empty enter a name for the computer.
  6. Restart the Computer.
  7. Test if you are able to print.

We take your satisfaction seriously and hope that we have helped resolve your issue. If you receive a survey from us, we would greatly appreciate if you could take a few minutes to provide us with feedback about your support experience. Your ratings and comments are extremely important to us.

If this did not resolve your issue, please reply to this email for further assistance. If you have a different support issue, submit a request via our U.S. Support Site and we will respond in a timely manner.

Thank you again for contacting Epson.

Jun M."

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2013 7:00 AM in response to umaneo

Is it giving you a "rastertoescpII" error? If so, review this:

The solution to your issue is in this thread:https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5233149

Specifically this post:

"astonishingly as it may seem, epson support sent me this 6 hours after i contacted them-

Subject
when attempting to print the epson print program shows "stopped - 'filter' faile
Discussion Thread
Response (Rodolfo M)08/16/2013 03:21 PM

Dear Robert,

Thank you for contacting Epson.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with your Epson Artisan 710 because of rastertoescpII error. To resolve this issue, please try the following steps below:

1. Power off the printer.
  2. From the , select System Preferences.
  3. Choose Sharing.
  4. Check if "Computer Name" field is empty or not.
  5. If the "Computer Name" is empty enter a name for the computer.
  6. Restart the Computer.
  7. Test if you are able to print.

We take your satisfaction seriously and hope that we have helped resolve your issue. If you receive a survey from us, we would greatly appreciate if you could take a few minutes to provide us with feedback about your support experience. Your ratings and comments are extremely important to us.

If this did not resolve your issue, please reply to this email for further assistance. If you have a different support issue, submit a request via our U.S. Support Site and we will respond in a timely manner.

Thank you again for contacting Epson.

Jun M."

problems with epson printer since update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.