Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing photos from my iphone, Please Help!!

Every time I go to sync my phone, the first to be synced is my photos.

Every time it goes to import every single picture I have ever taken. Annoying!!

I notice the date in the information section is from 2011 and I am unable to change the date. I cannot even get to the date area to adjust in any way.

I only want to import the recent photos I have taken, not every single photo from when i first took a picture.

Also, I have found that deleted photos come back to haunt me and are duplicated over and over again....

Even though they are deleted.

How do I change the date and how can I stop the duplicating of photos already?

It has been driving me crazy for way too long!!

Thanks! Dogwalker7

iPhone 5, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 24, 2013 7:48 AM

9 replies

Aug 24, 2013 2:22 PM in response to Yer_Man

First, the version of iphoto I have is version 6. Long over due to upgrade.

Second, I do believe I will still have the problem as the dates are still the same: 5/16/11-8/24/13.

Errrr.

Third, when there is duplication of a photo it asks, would you like to import the following duplicate photo, I check the apply to all duplicates and hit don't import, and still they are imported.

I have less than a 1000 pix and each time I am trying to import it is quitting on me.

This may be a headache to fix!!

Dogwalker7

Aug 24, 2013 2:56 PM in response to Dogwalker7

And I almost lost all photos in my previous library.

Sorry but that is not possible - creating a new library has absolutely no effect on your existing library

To help we need accurate facts not hyperbola

Every time I go to sync my phone, the first to be synced is my photos.

Every time it goes to import every single picture I have ever taken. Annoying!!

So here you are saying that you have many multiples of each photo since they are imported each time and you do not get the option of only importing new photos?

How are you importing/ iTunes sync? USB cable? What version of IOS on the iPhone? What version of iPhoto 6?

LN

Aug 25, 2013 5:16 AM in response to LarryHN

My pix are in a separate folder on my hard drive. Thank goodness and for your patience!!

Yes, multiple photos and even erased/deleted photos come back to haunt me.

Not sure where those came from.

Every time I go to import, it imports every single picture on my phone, including old photos and new and deleted. I would simply like to import only the new photos.

I import with my syncing process through iphoto.

Version is 6.0.6 (322).

USB cable, yes.

Iphone IOS is 6.1.2 (10B146).

Again, thanks for your patience with me!!

Dogwalker7

Aug 25, 2013 7:23 AM in response to Dogwalker7

Again

following these instructions

As a Test:

Hold down the option (or alt) key and launch iPhoto. From the resulting menu select 'Create Library'

Import a few pics into this new, blank library. Is the Problem repeated there?

Creates a totally new, blank library to test with - it does not make any changes of any sort to your existing library - you now two totally seperate libraries - one with no changes and a new one with only the few test photos in it

I have no idea what you did so ahve no idea how to help go forward

and I did not get an answer to this question

So here you are saying that you have many multiples of each photo since they are imported each time and you do not get the option of only importing new photos?

in your original iPhoto library (not the test one) you have many copies of each photo since every time you import all the old ones plus a few new ones - and there is no ability to import only new photos?

Maybe this is because of iPhoto 6 - it is over 7 years old now - I thought that it included selective importing but possibly that came along with iPHoto '08 - if it does not incliude selective importing then you need to use image capture (in your applications folder) to import selectively

LN

Importing photos from my iphone, Please Help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.