Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to recover photos from icloud without iphone

I broke my Iphone. I decided to get an android phone in its place. I had all of my photos backed up in the icloud, but now I have no apple devices. Can I still recover these photos and save them to my computer?

iCloud Question

Posted on Aug 24, 2013 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2016 2:01 AM

Hi stys82,

Of course you can.

Please login icloud.com and check out your photos stored in iCloud. Then, choose a picture and download to desktop.

Or, use iPhone Data Recovery - iFoneTips to directly and selectively download all your photos from iCloud.

It's as easy as pie.

2 replies

Aug 24, 2013 11:25 AM in response to stys82

You could access photo stream photos from the last 30 days by signing into your iCloud account on your computer and enabling photo stream. This article explains how to set up iCloud on your computer: http://www.apple.com/icloud/setup/.

However, the only way to access camera roll photos contained in your iCloud backup is to restore the backup to another iPhone. If you don't have one, perhaps you can ask a friend who does to help you. They would need to back up their phone to their computer using iTunes, then restore your iCloud backup and import the recovered photos to their computer, then restore their iTunes backup to return their original data.

how to recover photos from icloud without iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.