Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to reverse audio in logic pro X? Other thread didnt help

Hello,

i am trying desperatly to reverse a cymbal sound in Logic Pro X but i cannot find how to do it. Can somebody help me please 😟

I already activated the advanced options:

User uploaded file

i followed avery step i found in other threads but it doesnt work. (audio editor, functions and then reverse) i also didnt find the "reverse" button under "functions".

User uploaded file

Can somebody help me please? I am new to Logic..

Sorry for my bad english, i writing this from Belgium 🙂

Sincerly

Logic Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 24, 2013 11:09 AM

17 replies

May 20, 2017 6:32 PM in response to Pancenter

Actually, it is possible to have the midi play backwards directly form the trigger. I was able to figure it out months ago, but I've since gone back to that project and now I'm unable to figure it out, which is why I came here, to see if I could find the answers I'm looking for. I was able to set the crash and one of the snares of a drum kit to play backwards directly from the keyboard. It is still set up that way, like I select the drum track on the left side of the screen, I press the crash key on my keyboard, and it starts playing backwards, doing this cool swell. Same with the snare I set it on. It was all just a matter of selecting an option in some setting or plug-in I stumbled upon (not bouncing or using transform.) I just posted a question about it. Sounds weird, but I need to find it again.

Aug 24, 2013 11:30 AM in response to wherma

It looks like a MIDI note triggering a sample, is that correct? You can't make a sample play in reverse from the MIDI editor, you either have to have the sample player reverse the sound or bounce it to an audio file then reverse it.

Easiest way is to bounce it to an audio file and then reverse it in the audio editor.

All new users NEED to read the manuals(s), there is no getting around otherwise you will only discover a small amount of Logic's potential.

http://help.apple.com/logicpro/mac/10/

Aug 24, 2013 11:58 AM in response to Pancenter

Thank you Pancenter for your quick response.

thx for the manual, i looked into it trying to find the answer but the steps to follow didnt worked for me.

i tried to follow your steps. I bounced the midi file and imported it back and tried to reverse it.

User uploaded file

But i can not select the reverse option?

Any idea

thank you for your help

Aug 28, 2013 7:26 AM in response to wherma

That's a little odd !! Not quite sure why that wouldn't work… 😕 You have assigned your sound to the output track rather than an audio track, but that shouldn't stop it working.

On the other hand, I wouldn't have done it like that at all 😀

I would select the midi track to convert and do a "Bounce in place".

User uploaded file

With the default settings, Logic will create a new track with the bounce on it. You can manipulate this new bounce as you please 😎

User uploaded file

Have fun 🙂

Jan 18, 2014 1:10 AM in response to wherma

Yep. Just to put all of that good information together...this is how to accomplish what you're looking for.

1. Go to Preferencese > Advanced Tools

2. Select the "Show Advanced Tools" box.

3. Select the "Audio" box under "Additional Options"

4. Bounce your midi note (or region) by right-clicking and selecting "bounce in place" or just use the key command: control-B

5. This creates a new track with the region or note or whatever as an audio file

6. Double Click the new audio file in the arrange window. This pulls up the audio editor

7. Choose the "File" Tab at the top of the audio editor

8. Select the portion of the audio file you wish to edit. (In your case, since you want to reverse the whole thing, just hit Command-A to select all.

9. Now the Functions Drop down menu should be available and REVERSE is one of the options there!

Hope this helps 🙂

how to reverse audio in logic pro X? Other thread didnt help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.