Skip navigation

How do I alphabetize my iTunes Playlists?

797 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 24, 2013 1:53 PM by Niku RSS
Niku Level 2 Level 2 (285 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 24, 2013 12:10 PM

I just created another Playlist, but it wasn't posted in alphabetical order. How can  I do this?

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)
  • sberman Level 7 Level 7 (23,765 points)
    Aug 24, 2013 12:51 PM (in response to Niku)

SImply display the playlist and click the "Name" button at the top of the list shown here:

Screen Shot 2013-08-24 at 12.50.17 PM.png

Aug 24, 2013 1:07 PM (in response to Niku)

When you click on "Name" in the playlist, you should see that vertical arrow (that appears in the leftmost column in my screen shot) move to the "Name" column and all the songs become alphabetized.

Aug 24, 2013 1:14 PM (in response to Niku)

It is of interest.  We will need more information to help you therefore.  You will have to tell us what you did to create this playlist that is unusual.

• Chris CA Level 9 Level 9 (73,410 points)
    Aug 24, 2013 1:42 PM (in response to Niku)

Niku wrote:

It might be of interest that I am unable to drag songs inton the Playlist in question and, unlike the the other Playlists, it doesn't have a music note in front of it.

What doe sit have in front of it?

If it's a gear, it is a smart playlist.

You cannot add songs to a smart playlist.

They are selected by the criteria of the smart playlist.

To change the criteria, select the playlist then right click - Edit smart playlist.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.