Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I alphabetize my iTunes Playlists?

I just created another Playlist, but it wasn't posted in alphabetical order. How can I do this?

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)

Posted on Aug 24, 2013 12:10 PM

8 replies

Aug 24, 2013 1:17 PM in response to sberman

Everything's okay now. I don't know what I did the first time, but I noticed that instead of a music note in front of the new Playlist, there was a file. When I deleted it and made a new Playlist, it went to its proper place in the Playlist list and had a music note in front of it. In other words, everything seems to be working as it should now. Thanks for your help.

Aug 24, 2013 1:42 PM in response to Niku

Niku wrote:

It might be of interest that I am unable to drag songs inton the Playlist in question and, unlike the the other Playlists, it doesn't have a music note in front of it.

What doe sit have in front of it?

If it's a gear, it is a smart playlist.

You cannot add songs to a smart playlist.

They are selected by the criteria of the smart playlist.

To change the criteria, select the playlist then right click - Edit smart playlist.

Aug 24, 2013 1:53 PM in response to Chris CA

It has nothing in front of it, because I deleted it. However, it had what I would call a little suitcase. or something like that. Anyway, after receiving your message I went back to see if I could find where I had gone wrong, and I did. When you click on the little cross at the bottom,you are given three choices: (1) New Playlist, (2) New Smart Playlist,and (3) New Playlist Folder.

Obviously, I had accidentally clicked on the New Playlist Folder choice, and that's where that "little suitcase" came from. Case closed.

How do I alphabetize my iTunes Playlists?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.