Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Sent mail box only goes back to June this year, all old sent mail has vanished

Help,

I am looking for some mail I have sent but when I go to my Sent Mail mail box it only has 51 messages in it and only goes back to June this year. I have used Apple mail for my email since the iTools days, all my sent emails have vanished. They are not on the Mac, iPhone or if I log in via web mail.

Posted on Aug 24, 2013 12:34 PM

7 replies

Aug 25, 2013 7:05 AM in response to Linc Davis

I have just been going through them and the oldest I have 23 June does not have the emails on it.

My ealier time machine backup became corrupted and kept giving me kernel panics, so I had to delete it. I now run three time machine backups but the earliest of those is 23 June.

I have booted up an old mac, disconnected it from the internet and launched mail on it. This one has emails up to august 2011 on it, so I quickly copied them into a new mailbox, so I "only" have August 2011 to date now missing.

But why have Apple deleted all my emails? If I knew this was a possiblility I would have made several copies!

My Sent mail box only goes back to June this year, all old sent mail has vanished

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.