Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDR using NIK Plugin

Here are some questions I have about using Aperture & NIK HDR to combine images. I'm sorry if this ventures off into camera specifics.

a) Using a Nikon D7000, are three bracketed exposures adequate for most HDR shots?

b) Question a) might be elaborated to 1) interior backlight shots & 2) exterior landscape? What formulas work best for each?

c) Am I correct in thinking that White Balance should be on Auto, and Exposure Mode should be Aperture Priority?

d) The limit in exposure +/- has a limit of 2EV either way. What typical exposure jumps are called for?

e) What is the proper workflow in AP, and then in NIK?

f) What will be the format of the output, and how will it be named --- assuming each of the imported images will be JohnDoe-1, 2, etc.

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), running an iMac

Posted on Aug 24, 2013 12:58 PM

1 reply

Aug 24, 2013 1:30 PM in response to daikambu65

You'd probably be better served if you did a web search for HDR tutorials. There are a lot of good ones out there and you'll get a better understanding of the techniques involved.

I can say right off that 3 steps is the absolute bear minimum, you're really going to want to expand to at least 5 Depending on the dynamic range of the screen 7 isn't out of the question.

HDR using NIK Plugin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.