Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't use my apple id balance, asks for payment info.

Hi,

I've been trying to buy Hype 2 for 29.99$ on mac app store but I can't. I redeemed 30$ of credits with gift cards. Whenever I click Buy App, its says this:

"Purchase could not be competed. Payment information is required to continue purchasing. Please enter your Apple ID and password and click Billing Info to supply your payment information."

So I enter my Id and password. My billing address is okay and I have clicked the None button for the payment method. There is nowhere to select my id balance, so i guess whenever I click "none" on the payment method it directly takes it from there. So then i click Done at the bottom right. and the window saying purchase could not be completed appears again.

I've been looking around on forums and youtube and tried several things, but without success. I tried to contact apple, but everytime i send my question, it loads for hours....Need help please.

By the way I'm from Canada if ever that changes something.

Thanks in advance 😁

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Aug 24, 2013 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2013 1:53 PM

$29.99 does not include any applicable taxes or fees added to the purchase price.

When purchasing media from the App Store, the total cost is first deducted from a redeemed gift card, the balance is charged to your creidt or debit card.

Without a credit or debit card to charge to, you need to purchase and redeem another gift card.

You can check the balance of a redeemed card > Account Home - Apple Store

Information regarding taxes and fees here > iTUNES STORE - MAC APP STORE -TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Message was edited by: CS

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2013 1:53 PM in response to Slymusic

$29.99 does not include any applicable taxes or fees added to the purchase price.

When purchasing media from the App Store, the total cost is first deducted from a redeemed gift card, the balance is charged to your creidt or debit card.

Without a credit or debit card to charge to, you need to purchase and redeem another gift card.

You can check the balance of a redeemed card > Account Home - Apple Store

Information regarding taxes and fees here > iTUNES STORE - MAC APP STORE -TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Message was edited by: CS

Can't use my apple id balance, asks for payment info.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.