Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image Capture Core error - 9912?

I've never had any problems downloading pictures from my camera to Preview, but this evening, the pictures will download, but I can't import them onto my desktop or into Picasa.

What is error 9912 and is there a workaround?

I'm not very tech savvy, and when something doesn't work like it has in the past, I'm all discombobulated. HELP please!

Beth

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Aug 24, 2013 7:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2017 7:55 AM

It didn't work. Frankly, I've found the iPhone to be a bad product. I will go to the genius bar, have them pull them off for me (new baby so sorta important) then not use the camera again. Apple used to be a good company but in the last two years every product I've bought from them had serious problems. All applications I am using are Apples -- Image Capture and iPhoto.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2017 7:55 AM in response to Linc Davis

It didn't work. Frankly, I've found the iPhone to be a bad product. I will go to the genius bar, have them pull them off for me (new baby so sorta important) then not use the camera again. Apple used to be a good company but in the last two years every product I've bought from them had serious problems. All applications I am using are Apples -- Image Capture and iPhoto.

Aug 25, 2013 7:40 AM in response to Beth Steward

If you get the error message while transferring images from an iOS device in Image Capture or iPhoto, restart the iOS device by holding down the home and power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds. Credit for this solution to ASC user TheScoot.

If the error message appears while uploading images to Picasa, you may need to update the Picasa application.

Nov 15, 2014 2:06 PM in response to Linc Davis

Same problem, restart of the iPad and I can't import my RAW (my jpg are imported).

Desktop: tested with 2 Mac, 1 PC

iDevice: one iPad 2 and one Air restored from backup of the iPad 2

Photo: I'm an user of Apple Camera Kit, camera EOS 5D (RAW+Jpg), LX5 (RAW+Jpg)

I discharged my photo (RAW+Jpg) on iPad. When I want to import the picture from iDevice to Mac or PC, I get an error -9912 : my jpg are imported but not my RAW.

Image Capture Core error - 9912?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.