Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme stops working nearly daily

I've had a problem crop up since Thursday: my Airport Extreme will simply stop working. The front light is still green, and my cable modem still has a good connection, but the wi-fi simply goes away and the devices plugged directly into the Airport stop working. This happens once or twice a day. The only solution I've found thus far is to power down the Airport and let it reboot; that brings everything back.

My suspicions are either the Airport is going bad, or the recent firmware update Apple pushed is not working out. Does anyone know of a way to revert to a prior firmware version, or have any other ideas of what could be going wrong? The Airport is still under the one year warranty until early November but phone support has expired.

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Aug 25, 2013 5:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2013 6:32 AM

Okay, did the research to learn how to revert my firmware, so just put everything back to 7.6.3. Now to wait to see whether the problems continue.

5 replies

Airport Extreme stops working nearly daily

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.