Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connection-problem Notebook->APExpress->NAS

Hey guys,

My problem is that I can not access the NAS with my notebook.

The airport express is configured as following:

firmware version: 7.6.3

Wi-Fi:

sending mode: automatic; 802.11a/n-802.11b/g/n

channel: automatic

security key type: personal WPA2

Internet:

Internet-Connection:

Connect via: Ethernet

using connection together (don't know if this is the right translation): off, bridge-mode

TCP/IP:

IPv4: manual

IP-adress: 192.168.2.164

Subnetting reference (hope it is the right word): 255.255.255.0

Router adress: 192.168.2.1

DNS-Server: 192.168.2.1

Music:

AirPlay activated

advanced:

IPv6:

IPv6-mode: only link-local

my notebook OS is windows8

I think maybe the ethernet-port of the APExpress is deactivated but I am not sure. I googled for hours and tried different settings but I didn't find a solution. I hope you can help me.

Sincerly

stuetzi96

Sorry for my bad English but I am a native German Speaker

IUser uploaded file

AirPort Express 802.11N (2nd generation), Windows 8

Posted on Aug 25, 2013 7:49 AM

5 replies

Aug 25, 2013 10:42 AM in response to stuetzi96

Your English is perfect! Mein Raum ist Deutsch nicht so gut.Wenn Sie in Deutsch unterhalten perfer, kann ich eine tranlation Programm zu versuchen, zu kommunizieren.

Since you have your AirPort Express connected to the Router by Ethernet the Express should be configured as a bridge (both NAT & DHCP disabled). In this mode the Express will be acting as a combination Ethernet switch and wireless access point. Both of its Ethernet ports would be active.

Aug 25, 2013 11:51 AM in response to stuetzi96

If both ports are activated the problem has to be somewhere else. Does it matter if the NAS has a static IP?

The NAS should have a static local IP address so it will always be easier for local network or remote clients to find it.

Based on your provided diagram, the router would be providing IP address for all network clients connected to either the router or to the Express. What is the make & model of this router?

Aug 25, 2013 12:04 PM in response to stuetzi96

Based on your provided diagram, the router would be providing IP address for all network clients connected to either the router or to the Express. What is the make & model of this router?

It is a "linksys broadband router wireless g 2.4 ghz". Yeah the router provides the IP adresses.

I don't know if it is important but the router and the APExpress are connected via two dLAN adapters from devolo.

Connection-problem Notebook->APExpress->NAS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.