Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mission Control overview error occur when plugging out external screen monitor (using dvi hdmi cable). Mission Control windows then remain invisible until you eventually restart your computer. Annoying error. Need fix/patch. Running Mountain Lion.

Is there any way to get rid of this annoying bug.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 25, 2013 6:19 AM

6 replies

Sep 14, 2013 2:49 AM in response to magnumicer

I have the exact same issue in mountain lion that you describe. i sometimes have luck by closing my macbook pro, waiting for the external display to flash (power cord plugged in) and then disconnecting the external display cable, and then re-opening my macbook pro. i've also solved it by typing "killall Dock" at a terminal window. but still, it's a bug!

Dec 16, 2013 4:52 PM in response to peterleary

You're welcome! I've since upgraded to Mavericks, and found that the problem doesn't exist anymore, though now there's a whole new, slightly less annoying problem -- when my laptop goes to sleep while attached to an external monitor, when it wakes up, the windows are in strange and unusual locations! So I have to go and rearrange them all like they were ... sigh ...

Mission Control overview error occur when plugging out external screen monitor (using dvi hdmi cable). Mission Control windows then remain invisible until you eventually restart your computer. Annoying error. Need fix/patch. Running Mountain Lion.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.