Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook retina won't boot up

I have a MacBook retina and yesterday night when I tried to use it it turned to be super slow. It took around 3 minutes to boot up while usually it would only take like 20 seconds. And also the fan was running at full speed as well as a big black X on the batter icon. I was too tired last night so I just left the MacBook there. Today I did some research that the apple website says that might need a reset of SMC so I did it. I can see the charging lights turns from orange to green and then to yellow so the resetting should be complete. Then I booted up my MacBook, same issue as last night. Even worse, I can't even see the battery icon when I logged in, same as the mouse icon, disappeared. I had to should it down by pressing power bottom for a while.

Here happened the worst thing, the MacBook would never boot up since then, not even the booting sounds can be heard. But the SMC resetting is still functional and I can still reset SMC which means at least the power bottom is functional because I had to use it to reset SMC.....

I totally have no idea what happened to my MacBook. Does any one have any ideas? Or can the apple store fix a MacBook that would not even boot up?

Many thanks!

safari-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Aug 25, 2013 6:27 AM

7 replies

MacBook retina won't boot up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.