Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retrieve Library file from iPod

Hello,

Because I'm going to college, I bought myself a new computer this summer. I wanted to transfer my iTunes from my old laptop to the new one, and used a back-up of iTunes to do this. This back-up was made in February 2013, but it only restored my library up until March 2011. All my data from 2012 and 2013 was not there. I then tried my library back-up files from January this year and late 2012 and they all have the same problem. In fact, every back-up I have starting April 2011 shows the same "defect". I can only restore my library as to what it was like in March 2011...

I turned in my old computer already, so I can't try to make another back-up. This is interly my own mistake, I know, but I was wondering if Apple allows people to retrieve the library files from a device? I still have all the original music files on my new computer and my external Hard Drives, So I am not looking for a program that can rip my iPod. I am only looking for a way to retrieve a library file.

All help would be generously appreciated!

Kind regards,

Nikki

Device: iPod Touch 4th Generation

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 25, 2013 11:31 AM

3 replies

Oct 15, 2013 12:50 PM in response to lllaass

I see that this posts helps me recover my music files, but I still have all of those. What I need is my "library file" so that I can restore iTunes.

My library file is what contains the list of songs in iTunes, my playlists, how many times I played a song et cetera. And that's what I want to restore. I'm talking about the file mentioned in this article: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1660

Could you help me with that?

Retrieve Library file from iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.