Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows support files - bootcamp, drivers are not working [no sound, keyboard shortcuts]

Hi guys,

I'm using the following version of Bootcamp Version 5.0.3 (464) on MBP mid 2010, wit latest OS on it. I ave installed Windows 7 through multiple errors and had to clean the whole HD after backing the files. The Windows is running fine now, however I think I havent dowloaded Windows Support Files (second tickbox) in the bootcamp assistant when installing Windows (I only ticked the third box).

And now I have tried to download the drviers from bootcamp on USB after formating it correctly, but the USB shows its empty.

I tried the following steps:

I went back into my Mac and opened up Bootcamp, reinstalled all the Windows Support Files (the top box of Bootcamp) and made sure to put them onto an external device i.e. USB/External Hard Drive etc...

I then logged back onto my partioned Windows on my Mac and updated all the Windows Support Files. After that I restarted mycomputer back into Windows and popped in Guild Wars 2...

But nothing seems to be working. I went to Windows Update smth, and looked for updates found quite a few of them and isntalled all of them, but noting is working - sound and keyboard shortcuts are gone and I cant downloaed the software I want.

Could you please advice on what to do with those drivers. I have been trying for days...

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), Mid 2010 - 4GB RAM, 2.3 GHZ

Posted on Aug 25, 2013 11:36 AM

There are no replies.

Windows support files - bootcamp, drivers are not working [no sound, keyboard shortcuts]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.