Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my wifi button is grey and wont tun on

i turned my phone off and on and then the wifi button turned off and my wifi wont turn on

Posted on Aug 25, 2013 11:41 AM

4 replies

Aug 27, 2013 8:31 AM in response to salome99

Hello salome99,

Thanks for the question, and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

The following article includes troubleshooting steps for your issue:

iOS: Wi-Fi settings grayed out or dim

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1559

Follow these steps to resolve the issue:

1. Verify that airplane mode is off by tapping Settings > Airplane Mode.

2. Reset the network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Note: This will reset all network settings, including Bluetooth pairing records, Wi-Fi passwords, VPN, and APN settings

3. Ensure that your device is using the latest software. To do so, connect your device to your computer and check for updates in iTunes.

4. If your issue is still unresolved, perform a software restore in iTunes.

Additional Information

If you are still unable to turn Wi-Fi on, please contact Apple for support and service options.

Thanks,

Matt M.

Sep 2, 2013 11:09 PM in response to salome99

This is definitely NOT a hardware fault. Too many users upgrading to iOS 6.1.3 and above are experiencing the same issues, i am one of them. Just come from the Apple store and they admit that the OS is the culprit and are hoping that the release of iOS 7 will fix the issue. They have been told by Apple to just replace the phone to customers experiencing this issue as it is just too hard at the moment to rectify so many hand helds. I can't understand why Apple have continued to put their head in the sand for so long and just ignore the problem.

Hopefully iOS 7 does in fact rectify this wi-fi error that their software has created.

my wifi button is grey and wont tun on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.