Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can QuickTime video be edited?

I have some short videos I took with my camera (not a video camera).

When I took them I held the camera vertically, by doing this when I view the videos on the computer, they are sideways.

Is there a way to edit the video (now that is on my computer) to be able to see them right side up?

Thanks!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 25, 2013 12:39 PM

1 reply

Aug 25, 2013 4:00 PM in response to zamorana

I have some short videos I took with my camera (not a video camera).

When I took them I held the camera vertically, by doing this when I view the videos on the computer, they are sideways.

Is there a way to edit the video (now that is on my computer) to be able to see them right side up?

Basically, you have three main options:

1) Try and find a multimedia player that allows you to rotate the display during playback.

2) Use QT 7 Pro to save a flag to the file that tells QT based apps to rotate the file when accessed. Unfortunately, most third-party player do not read/use this flag when playing back your content.

3) Usa an app like QT 7 Pro or MPEG Streamclip to rotate the content display and then recompress the data in the modified orientation. This option will play the file correctly in all compatible media players but may reduce output quality depending on your recompression work flow/settings.

User uploaded file

Can QuickTime video be edited?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.