Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I synced my iPhone and uploaded my previous purchases, but iTunes did not upload my Harry Potter books. How can I back up purchases that iPhone didn't automatically back up?

Everything on my phone uploaded correctly to iTunes except my Harry Potter books. I can't figure out how to force iTunes to upload them.

iPhone 5

Posted on Aug 25, 2013 1:28 PM

1 reply

Aug 27, 2013 8:52 AM in response to Louise8905

Hi Louise8905!

I believe there are a couple of statements in the article you have linked that will answer your questions. I will highlight them here:

Can I copy my books on to other computers or devices?

With Automatic Downloads enabled, you can automatically download new purchases to your other computers or devices. Learn more about Automatic Downloads in this article.

Can I back up the books I purchased?

Yes, any books you've downloaded from the iBooks Store will be automatically added to your iTunes library the next time you sync your device with your computer. To do this, your computer must be authorized with the same account that was used to download the books from the iBooks Store.

These are both taken from the following article:

iBooks: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about iBooks and the iBooks Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4059

I hope that helps answer your questions. Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Braden

I synced my iPhone and uploaded my previous purchases, but iTunes did not upload my Harry Potter books. How can I back up purchases that iPhone didn't automatically back up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.