Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imported photos are black

Greetings,

Lately when I import photos into Aperture 3, from my SD card, all the images show up in a project but they are all black. If I view them individually, there is about a three second pause, then the photo shows up. After that the image stays as it should be. However, I have to do this for each photo, which is a drag when I am importing hundreds of photos. I've done a repair library and that didn't work.

I've only been working with Aperture since Feb. It started doing this about two months ago.

Thanks for your help!

Rosalee

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 25, 2013 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 7:56 PM

Am having the exact same issue. Have been using Aperture for years, but never experieced this bit of strangeness till a few days ago.

Selecting "Generate Thumbnails" under the Photos Menu seems to be a one-click alternative to viewing -- and then waiting -- for each image one at a time, but can anyone suggest why this very odd and always disconcerting behavior is happening at all?

John B

Toronto

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2013 7:56 PM in response to Rozeedelaforet

Am having the exact same issue. Have been using Aperture for years, but never experieced this bit of strangeness till a few days ago.

Selecting "Generate Thumbnails" under the Photos Menu seems to be a one-click alternative to viewing -- and then waiting -- for each image one at a time, but can anyone suggest why this very odd and always disconcerting behavior is happening at all?

John B

Toronto

Sep 11, 2013 12:00 AM in response to John Bertram

John,

does your camera create and embed high-resolution previews? Aperture will initially use embedded camera previews on import, if you have set Aperture use them in the Aperture preferences, but only if they have a high resolution, as explained in this document: Aperture does not use embedded previews from some cameras

(right now the link is not working - Apple's support site seems to be down)

How are your Preview settings? Perhaps the embedded previews that your camera generates are too small?

Léonie

Imported photos are black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.