Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing iCloud status from "Waiting" to "Purchased"

I swear, Apple products are the only ones in which you can literally spend hours trying to fix an issue and still get nowhere. That cheery note being said 🙂

I've seen previous posts on here and tried several remedies, with no success. Issue is that I've just successfully synched iTunes (new computer) with my phone.

The problem is, my Music library, half the tunes say "Purchased' and half say "Waiting". This is unfamiliar to me but assuming that it may be b/c I imported these "Waitings" off of CDs. (It's been some time since I did that and the list is extensive).

How do I change the status of "Waiting" to "Purchased"? How do I push these up to the "Cloud"? Or is this the point at which someone shows up on my doorstep and attempts to sell me a year's subscription to Match (which I do not have and am not interested in) -

I do right-click on the "Waiting" and there no option to push to the Cloud. I've also tried removing the MP3s from the folder that they're in, and putting them in "Automatically Add to iTunes", with no avail, have tried to change the extension to .mp3, .mp4, nothing works.

Any suggestions appreciated! I may have already tried them but I appreciate anyone offering a fresh perspective on this! Thanks- 😕

Posted on Aug 25, 2013 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2013 5:20 PM

You're trying to add ripped CDs to iCloud without iTunes Match? Without iTunes Match iCloud will only host music purchased from the iTunes store. Or did I misunderstand what you're trying to do?

4 replies

Aug 27, 2013 5:23 AM in response to randers4

Nope, I think you've provided the perfect response. I now recall that that was the intent of the iTunes Match service (which I've never had and don't want); it was probably just the newer-to-me updated iTunes interface and view that threw me off with the verbiage "purchased" and "waiting", made me think that there was some action awaited on my part. Thanks for clearing the fog!

Changing iCloud status from "Waiting" to "Purchased"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.