Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage will not deliver pictures... even though 'Delivered' receipt shows

Hi everybody!

I currently use iMessage on my iPad, iPhone and iMac and up until today I'm having issues with sending pictures from my iPhone.

I could send and receive pictures from my iPad and iMac to my contacts, but I am only able to receive pictures from my contacts on my iPhone. If I attempt to send a picture through iMessage to any of them, the receipt will be labeled as 'Delivered' but they wouldn't receive the picture.

Interestingly enough, on my iMac's file transfer list in the Messages app, the progress bar is indicating that the pictures are ready to be transferred, but obviously nothing shows up and it is stuck.

I've tried everything I could possibly do: reset PRAM on the iMac, turn off iMessage on all devices; reset devices and turn back on, unlink iMessage from my iPhone, etc.

Any ideas? 😟

iPhone 5, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 25, 2013 10:44 PM

2 replies

Aug 27, 2013 12:26 PM in response to FieryCoD

HI,

If the File Transfer Window is suggesting the item is "waiting" in some fashion try using the downward arrow.

If this does not work go to Applications/Utilities and open the Activity Monitor.

Check that an item called URLFileTransferAgent is not showing.

This item should basically flash up and disappear when the File is accepted and should not get "Stuck"

If it is there then highlight it and then use the Quit Option and Force Quit when suggested.

User uploaded file
8:26 PM Tuesday; August 27, 2013

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mountain Lion 10.8.4)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

iMessage will not deliver pictures... even though 'Delivered' receipt shows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.