Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification Bar always shows four copies of the same notification!

😕My mac is from mid 2010. When I receive a notification it pops up on the side (as usual) but when I read it in the notifications bar it will always show four copies of the same notification. How can I fix this?

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 26, 2013 3:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2013 1:43 PM

Back up all data.

If applicable, sign out of iCloud in the iCloud preference pane. Leave the preference pane open.

Triple-click the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Application Support/NotificationCenter

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Move the selected item to the Desktop, leaving the window open. Log out and log back in.

Sign back in to iCloud, if you signed out. Test. If there's no change, or if the notifications you expect to see are not shown, sign out of iCloud again and put the folder you moved back where it was, overwriting the one that may have been created in its place. Log out and in again. Otherwise, delete the folder you moved.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2013 1:43 PM in response to Max.K3287

Back up all data.

If applicable, sign out of iCloud in the iCloud preference pane. Leave the preference pane open.

Triple-click the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Application Support/NotificationCenter

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Move the selected item to the Desktop, leaving the window open. Log out and log back in.

Sign back in to iCloud, if you signed out. Test. If there's no change, or if the notifications you expect to see are not shown, sign out of iCloud again and put the folder you moved back where it was, overwriting the one that may have been created in its place. Log out and in again. Otherwise, delete the folder you moved.

Notification Bar always shows four copies of the same notification!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.