Hello there gagone,
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities
There are a few things that could be causing the issue you are seeing here. If you restart the device by unplugging the power from the back for 30 seconds, then I would try restarting with the device with the onscreen menu outlined in this article:
Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): How to restart your Apple TV
You may also need to troubleshoot your network connection with this article Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections found here http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4546
Try restarting your Wi-Fi router or modem by turning it off and then on again.
- Verify that you are selecting the correct network if you are in a location with multiple Wi-Fi networks.
- Check the IP address that Apple TV is using. If it starts with 169.x.x.x, the router may not be configured properly.
- If the router is using DHCP addressing, verify that the router is not limiting the number of devices that can connect through Wi-Fi.
- If the router is using manual IP addressing, you will need to configure Apple TV with a manual IP address. You can do this by selecting your network on the Apple TV and choosing Configure IP.
- Disconnect and rejoin your Wi-Fi network by selecting your network on the Apple TV and then choosing Forget Network. Rejoin your Wi-Fi network after it disconnects.