Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11.0.5 function keys not working (f7,f8,f9)

Hi everyone,

I recently downloaded iTunes 11.0.5 and discovered that the function keys are longer working so I can't switch between songs while I'm in another application. Anyone have solutions for this?

Running 10.8.4, 15-inch, early 2011 model

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 26, 2013 1:45 PM

9 replies

Aug 26, 2013 1:55 PM in response to kwonfs10

Does iTunes jump to the next song if you tap the left or right arrow keys?

Try double checking or changing the fucntion keys, use this as a guide -> Mac OS X: How to change the behavior of function keys

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. From the View menu choose Keyboard (or Keyboard & Mouse in Mac OS X v10.5.8 and earlier).
  3. Click Keyboard, if necessary.
  4. Enable "Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys."

More info about iTunes keyboard shortcuts here -> iTunes 11 for Mac: Keyboard shortcuts

Aug 26, 2013 1:57 PM in response to kwonfs10

If you haven't made changes in System Preferences > Keyboard, then check iTunes' Help > Keyboard Shortcuts to see methods to do what you used to do with the function keys.

If you haven't made changes in System Preferences > Keyboard, I don't know why they stopped working, but the Help offers reasonable workarounds / substitutions.

iTunes 11.0.5 function keys not working (f7,f8,f9)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.