Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Sleep/Wake backlight issue

Today while using my late 2012 Macbook 15 inch MacBook Pro (Retina) i noticed the battery was at 2%, so i plugged in the charger and closed the lid.

When I opened the lid a few minutes later to use it again the display was black but the computer woke up from sleep. The only way I could see the display is by shining a light over the screen. I tried turning the brightness up and down and up again but it made no difference.

I restarted the computer and it is working fine again. I think it had done this problem for me once before.

It is running Mountain Lion 10.8.4.

Is there a problem with it or is it a glitch / bug ? Maybe because I let the battery go so low ?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 26, 2013 2:02 PM

1 reply

Aug 26, 2013 4:56 PM in response to Dougal222

From what I can tell this is just a glitch or bug from a earlier update of the OS.

I've never tried using a flashlight to see, but my MBP often wakes up from sleep but the screen remains black. I typically closed and reopen the screen or press a few keys until the display decides to wake up.

This is a very frustrating bug and I hope they get it addressed soon! I feel your pain!

MacBook Pro Sleep/Wake backlight issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.