Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen saver Not active after 30 seconds

Screen saver Not active after 30 seconds. Console error:

ScreenSaverEngine[18732]: *** WARNING: -[NSImage compositeToPoint:operation:] is deprecated in MacOSX 10.8 and later. Please use -[NSImage drawAtPoint:fromRect:operation:fraction:] instead.

ScreenSaverEngine[18732]: *** WARNING: -[NSImage compositeToPoint:fromRect:operation:] is deprecated in MacOSX 10.8 and later. Please use -[NSImage drawAtPoint:fromRect:operation:fraction:] instead.

How to fix it?

Thanks.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), Booting from internal Fusion Drive

Posted on Aug 26, 2013 3:57 PM

3 replies

Aug 27, 2013 4:49 AM in response to ApMaX

FWIW, I just noticed I get the same warning messages in my system log when I change from one screen saver module to another in system preferences. Since my screen saver does work as expected, I don't think that is the source of your problem.

(It isn't that unusual to see 'deprecated' warnings in the logs. They are intended to alert programmers that some system call, though still supported, may not be in some future version of the OS. Since Apple's programmers will know before anybody else what is & isn't supported in future versions, they sometimes don't bother to rewrite everything distributed with the OS that uses deprecated calls until it actually breaks.)

Perhaps some process is preventing your screen saver from starting up. If you quit all running apps that you have launched, does the screen saver kick in after 30 seconds?

Screen saver Not active after 30 seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.