Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am using a Sony HBR -VLU camera to import into Final Cut 10. Plugging into an I MAc that doesn't have a firewire port. The camera is not being recognized by the computer. The camera is set to play tape too. Why is camera not recognized?

I am trying to import from the camera into an I-MAC. I'm told the I-mac does not have the firewire port, but has thunderbolt. Is the only way to get video from the camera via a firewire port? Is someone giving me bad information as to the firewire port not being on the I-MAC? The camera is not being recognized. Thanks in advance.

Final Cut Pro X, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 26, 2013 4:23 PM

2 replies

I am using a Sony HBR -VLU camera to import into Final Cut 10. Plugging into an I MAc that doesn't have a firewire port. The camera is not being recognized by the computer. The camera is set to play tape too. Why is camera not recognized?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.