Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro x (10) midi keyboard plays in wrong key

Hi there,

This is a strange problem and very confusing.

Firstly, I have been using Logic Pro 8 for many years. Recently upgraded to Logic Pro x. I run mountain lion on a late 2012 mac mini with 16gb RAM

What happens is:

When I load a LP8 project in LP10 it appears to load and play ok. However, my midi keybaord (Roland JV80) and my korg nanokey2 play the wrong note i.e. it plays a tone (two notes) too high.

1. When I playback the project plays in the correct key (both the midi and audio). I've checked this against an exported mixdown and the project when open in LP8.

2. When I play for example a 'C' note on the keyboard or nano it registers a 'C' in the control bar dispay, the same for all other notes.

3. When I go into the piano roll and click a 'C' it plays a C (i've checked this with my guitar tuner)

4. When I hit 'C' on the keyboard or nano the actual note that sounds is a Bb (again, checked this with my guitar tuner).

I have tried deleting the LP10 version and reopening several times, also deleted the files below and cleared all my cache.

com.apple.logic10.plist

com.apple.logic10.LSSharedFileList.plist

com.apple.logic.pro.plist

Sometimes this will help and it will work properly but this is only short term as often the next time i open the project the problem persists.

For example, just before writing this I tried all of the above several times and could not get it to open correctly but one time it seemed to work fine until I closed it and opened it again then the problem happened again. Also noticed that pitch bend doesn't work and so there may be other issues I'm not aware of yet.

It seems to happen randomly and to different projects. Sometimes they open ok and sometimes they don't.

Haven't been able to find anything like this problem on the net yet so any help would be very much appreciated.

I also have other midi related freezing issues but will keep them for another post (again deleting the above files sorts it but sometimes it continues to freeze (not respond) so not a long term fix).

Thanks in advance

Robbie

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 26, 2013 4:11 PM

11 replies

Oct 27, 2013 4:53 PM in response to Alexander Axiom

Alexander Axiom wrote:

Hi there.

I get this problem after Mac OS update to Maveriks.

I have dozen commercial projects and all of this plays wrong now. I need support help quickly!!!!

Thank you

You realize there is no official Apple support here, this is a user forum. You have free support so I'd give Apple a call. If nothing else it will clue them in to problems related to the update.

Oct 27, 2013 4:55 PM in response to asbobs

asbobs wrote:

Hi there,

This is a strange problem and very confusing.

Firstly, I have been using Logic Pro 8 for many years. Recently upgraded to Logic Pro x. I run mountain lion on a late 2012 mac mini with 16gb RAM

Are these projects that were orginally started in Logic 8? If so, check the inspector setting for the track, there have been reports of corrupted settings for "Delay" and other values.

Oct 28, 2013 12:39 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

To "The Art Of Sound"

Hi. I doing next.

1. I create new project

2. I select Yamaha Grand Piano

3. I play something in "live" mode. All is ok

4. I play something in "Rec" mode. All is ok

5. I record second track with the same instrument, with Yamaha Grand Piano. All is ok

6. I record third track with Yamaha Grand Piano. All is ok again.

7. Now I muting first or second track and... third track plays wrong notes! I unmute first track, but third track still to play wrong notes! Why???

Ok. I continue experiment with created project. I have three Yamaha grand Piano tracks and I creating new software instrument and assing Hovering Machine to it. I try to play in "live" mode something. And I get interesting effect. If I play short notes (sixteens, for example), I can play for one minute without problem. And Logic Pro X starts to play wrong notes after this time delay.

If I start to press chord notes without breaking, Logic Pro X plays for 15-30 secounds normally and starts to play wrong notes them.

Well. I turn off all plugins and effects from instruments. But Logic Pro X countinues to play wrong notes!

I experimented with NI Kontakt 5. Kontakt plays wrong notes!

I experimented with LUSH-101 plugin and minimoog. This two instruments play correct notes always!!! WHY????

Why some instruments play wrong notes and other instruments play correct notes in the same project?

I wrote wrong in my previous post. I got this problem with Logic Pro X 10.0.3 update.

Actually I have serious problem now. I opened projects created in Logic Pro X early and I have this problem in ALL projects. This's commercial projects and my partners asked me already about release date... What must I answer?

Oct 28, 2013 7:05 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Yes, I cheked values in inspector.

If I physically unpugged external MIDI keyboard, problem still to present. By the way. I install Ableton Live for checking problem. Ableton works normally. I don't found nothing in playback behavior like as in Logic Pro X.

Unfortunatelly, I new in Mac world and I don't know, how I can call support via web.

Thanks.

Oct 28, 2013 7:12 AM in response to Alexander Axiom

How to contact Apple

http://www.apple.com/contact/

and...

Did you unplug your keyboards etc and use the musical keyboard with a new project exactly as I described? Just unpluggi9ng the midi keyboard probably wont help.

Also, do you use an iPad? if so, Did you use the Logic Remote app? if so, power down your iPad (not just put it to sleep...) and test again..with a new project

Logic Pro x (10) midi keyboard plays in wrong key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.