Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail says my account is offline. It won't accept my password to take account online. Is it the server information? I don't know how to determine what the server information is.

I recently update from OS 10.5.8 to OS 10.6.8. My AppleID and password work with Apple's website and with iTunes. My Mail has rejected my password I believe ever since I let my MobileMe account expire. MobileMe is no longer in use though and my OS does not support iCloud. Can I use Mail at all with OS 10.6.8? It rejects my password when I click to take accounts online. I think perhaps the server information is invalid. I don't know how to determine what the server information is. I'm just using a home wireless network.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Mail Password

Posted on Aug 26, 2013 4:59 PM

2 replies

Aug 27, 2013 3:55 AM in response to me_llamo_micaela

If you migrated your MobileMe account to iCloud before September last year then your @me.com address should still be functioning. If you sign into http://icloud.com can you see your mail there?

If you did migrate, and can get into Mail on the website, then you can set up Mail on Snow Leopard to access it. However when you try to set it up, the Mail 'Wizard' will attempt to force you to te MobileMe settings, because it's never heard of iCloud. To get round this you will need to follow the procedure outlined here:

Entering iCloud email settings manually in Snow Leopard or Leopard

If you did not migrate your account then you don't have an iCloud account and your @me.com address will no longer function.

Mail says my account is offline. It won't accept my password to take account online. Is it the server information? I don't know how to determine what the server information is.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.