Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting airport time capsule wirelessly to TV

I have an Apple Airport Time Capsule with version 7.6.4 firmware. We also have a sony bravia KDL-32EX420 TV with a Sony UWA BR100 wireless LAN Adapter. Now the TV can see the network but will not connect. I have tried all variations of the security (WPA2 and WPA/WPA2 on the airport and WPA/WPA2-PSK (AES) and WPA/WPA2-PSK (TKIP)).

The TV did connect with our old Belkin router.

Can anyone give me any advice.

airport time capsule-OTHER

Posted on Aug 26, 2013 11:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2013 12:02 AM

Wireless name.. short, no spaces pure alphanumeric?? eg TC24ghz

Give 5ghz a different name.. TC5ghz

Start with no security.

Use fixed wireless channels.. 11, 6, 1 for 2.4ghz.. the Sony adapter I don't think will use 5ghz. so just try each of those channels.. they are the only non-overlapping.

If it fails.. go back to 7.6.1 firmware.. there are issues on the later ones..

No luck.. plug the belkin back in and set it in WAP mode or wan bypass mode.. just for the sony.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2013 12:02 AM in response to JEdwardM

Wireless name.. short, no spaces pure alphanumeric?? eg TC24ghz

Give 5ghz a different name.. TC5ghz

Start with no security.

Use fixed wireless channels.. 11, 6, 1 for 2.4ghz.. the Sony adapter I don't think will use 5ghz. so just try each of those channels.. they are the only non-overlapping.

If it fails.. go back to 7.6.1 firmware.. there are issues on the later ones..

No luck.. plug the belkin back in and set it in WAP mode or wan bypass mode.. just for the sony.

Connecting airport time capsule wirelessly to TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.