Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone4s wont reset

I hold the power button down and it asks if I want to turn it off or cancel. I continue to hold it for about 20 seconds and then it goes back to my home screen photo and when I release the power button my phonejust locks as if I had only tapped the power button to begin with. I am trying to fix my battery problem but now I can't seem to reset me phone either.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Aug 27, 2013 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2013 7:17 AM

Here is the proper method to reset your iPhone:

Hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons and don’t let go until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo appears

18 replies

Jul 12, 2014 9:15 PM in response to bones911

My maps and app store icon used to be in one frame now its not. The are separate. My timer icon used to be in a frame with the calculator and compass now the timer is separate. The contacts , calculator and compass are now in a frame together labeled extras. The contacts icon was separate. I'm trying to restore them to their original settings.

Jul 12, 2014 9:21 PM in response to bones911

As I posted earlier, if you want to reset your Home screen layout:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout

This will reset all your icons to their default positions.

You can manually put them back into the folder by holding an app icon until they wiggle then drag them back into the folder. Tap the Home button when you are done.

Jul 12, 2014 9:42 PM in response to bones911

In reading your post just prior to my post above, it appears that you are talking about getting it back to the "original" screen by having certain apps in folders - is that correct? If so, then you have to do that manually. Tap and hold down on, say, the Maps app icon until they all wiggle, then slide the Maps app icon to the Apps app icon until it is over the top of it and release. It will then come up with a folder name for the folder that will now house your Maps and App Store icons. If you like the name, just click on Done, otherwise, click the "x" in the box with the assigned title and then type in a new one that suits you.

Repeat this exercise to combine all apps that you wish into folders.

Cheers,

GB

iphone4s wont reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.