Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help- After upgrading to Mountain Lion 10.8.4 all of my default user pictures are missing

Hello,

After ugrading to Mountain LIon 10.8.4 on my 2010 1.4 GHz Macbook air and now all of my default user pictures are missing.

I found a similar situation on the net in which the guy says to do this: "logged in as root and trashed the old user icon images file the copied the folder froma ML factory disk image". I have no idea what any of that means or if is for real as an answer or just a way to screw up my computer even more. I need help, and really basic simple instructions like your talking to some one who barely know how to turn on a computer. I would be really grateful to anyone who will help me. Thank you for your time.

Posted on Aug 27, 2013 6:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2013 9:39 AM

I found a simple solution that worked on my Macbook Air running 10.8.4 which was missing all the User pictures when I tried to access them as the computer administrator even through they wer all there in the User Pictures folder in the Library.

I went into the Library Folder and trashed the "User Pictures" Folder.

I then copied the User Pictures folder from my Macbook Pro (also running 10.8.4) that did not have this issue and installed in on the Macbook Air in place of the User Pictures folder I had trashed. Then it all worked fine.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2013 9:39 AM in response to powerbookaid

I found a simple solution that worked on my Macbook Air running 10.8.4 which was missing all the User pictures when I tried to access them as the computer administrator even through they wer all there in the User Pictures folder in the Library.

I went into the Library Folder and trashed the "User Pictures" Folder.

I then copied the User Pictures folder from my Macbook Pro (also running 10.8.4) that did not have this issue and installed in on the Macbook Air in place of the User Pictures folder I had trashed. Then it all worked fine.

Help- After upgrading to Mountain Lion 10.8.4 all of my default user pictures are missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.