Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't install QuickTime Broadcaster !!

When I try, the app send me this message: ""can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer" !!!! very strange !!!

Who can help clarify this situation?

Thank you

PS: I have the last OS X version. And I have QuickTime Pro 7 v7.6.6 (1079)

QuickTime Broadcaster-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 27, 2013 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2013 7:41 AM

It's being blocked by the Gatekeeper settings which prevent opening unsigned applications. Right-click (or Control-Click) on the installer and select "Open". You'll be given the option to go ahead and open the installer. You can do this with any application that gives you this error, though of course you'll be bypassing the protections and so need to be sure you trust the source of the application you wish to install.

Whether QT Broadcaster is completely compatible with Mountain Lion I don't know.

Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2013 7:41 AM in response to Eduardo.Ferreira

It's being blocked by the Gatekeeper settings which prevent opening unsigned applications. Right-click (or Control-Click) on the installer and select "Open". You'll be given the option to go ahead and open the installer. You can do this with any application that gives you this error, though of course you'll be bypassing the protections and so need to be sure you trust the source of the application you wish to install.

Whether QT Broadcaster is completely compatible with Mountain Lion I don't know.

Regards.

I can't install QuickTime Broadcaster !!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.