Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All fonts in Preview only show up in outline format!

Hello, and thanks in advance for any help. I'm most likely missing an obvious answer, but I've searched and tried and cannot find this answer on my own.

In Preview only, and only when using Text box in it, all of the text that is either typed or copied in shows up in outline. How do I turn this off? Note that if I add text in Preview using either the Speech bubble or the Thought bubble, the text is properly formatted.

I don't believe I've downloaded any fonts recently, and certainly not right before this started happening. I am seeing this in no other app, and am not seeing it on my other Mac (a MacBook Pro also running 10.8.4). I use both Macs both home and at work, so both are loaded with very similar drivers and installs. This has been going on for a while, and has perisisted through many reboots. I have kept the OS up-to-date. My guess is that I've hit some kind of keyboard shortcut by mistake that triggered font->outline and Preview is just remembering my "choice" for fonts in the text box. I just can't figure out what that shortcut is.

Thanks for any help. And thanks especially if this is stupid user syndrome and I've missed something that is staring me in the face.

-b.

User uploaded file

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 27, 2013 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 7:10 AM

I had this problem too. Open the edit bar and then click the line attributes icon. Uncheck the outline box.

User uploaded file

2 replies

All fonts in Preview only show up in outline format!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.